Our Commitment to Privacy
The following policy is intended to explain how your personal information will be treated as you make use of our Site.
Definition of “Personal Information”
Our Ten Principles
Leading Medical Clinics of the World is committed to maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality and security of your personal information. As part of this commitment, Leading Medical Clinics of the World has adopted the following ten principles:
- Accountability: Leading Medical Clinics of the World is responsible for maintaining and protecting the personal information under its control and shall designate one or more individuals to be accountable for LMCW’s compliance with these principles.
- Identifying Purposes: The purposes for which personal information is collected shall be identified before or at the time the personal information is collected.
- Consent: Your consent will be obtained for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information, except where the law provides an exemption.
- Limiting Collection: The personal information we collect shall be limited only to that which is necessary for the purposes identified.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention: Personal information shall only be used or disclosed for the purposes for which it was collected, unless you have otherwise consented or when it is required or permitted by law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- Accuracy: We shall keep personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as may be necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is to be used.
- Safeguards: We shall protect personal information using security safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the personal information received.
- Openness: Leading Medical Clinics of the World will provide information to individuals about our policies and procedures relating to the management of personal information that is under our control.
- Individual’s Access: On written request to our Privacy Officer, you will be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of the personal information that is under our control, and may be given access to that personal information as required and permitted by law. You are entitled to challenge the accuracy and completeness of that personal information and request that it be amended, if appropriate.
- Handling Enquiries or Complaints: Any questions or enquiries concerning compliance with our privacy policies and procedures may be addressed to our Privacy Officer, as set out below.
Sharing Information With Others
We are not in the business of selling personal information to others.
In certain circumstances, we may be required to provide personal information to third parties for legal or regulatory purposes.
As we continue to develop and grow, we may buy or sell parts of our business. As our business consists primarily of user relationships, information regarding the particular business being purchased or sold could include personal information and be one of the transferred business assets.
Each time a user visits the Site, our server – like most on the internet – collects some basic technical information, including, for example, referral data (e.g., we record the address of the last URL a user visited prior to clicking through to the Site) and browser and platform type (e.g., a Safari browser on a Macintosh platform).
We also count, track and aggregate the user’s activity into our analysis of general traffic flows at our site (e.g., tracking where traffic comes from, how traffic flows within the site, etc.). To these ends, we may merge information about users and visits into group data, but we will not disclose your individual identity or personally identifiable data without your permission. When we do present aggregated information to outside companies, no one will be able to identify you or contact you.
How We Safeguard Your Personal Information
We employ physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect our systems and all personal information under our control against unauthorized access and use. All safety and security measures are appropriate and may not use the information for any unauthorized purpose.
Our service providers and agents are required to maintain users’ confidentiality, and may not use the information for any unauthorized purpose.
LMCW employees are governed by strict standards and policies to ensure that personal information is secure and treated with the utmost care and respect.
LMCW does not retain your personal information for any longer than is strictly necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected.
Data Storage in the United States
We would be pleased to answer any questions you may have about our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. If you would like more information about our policy, or if you would like to access your personal information file, or if you wish to register a complaint, please contact:
Leading Medical Clinics of the World Inc.140 Yonge Street, Suite 200
Updated September 2014